Thursday, July 7, 2011

Croutons

We had some bread that turned out hard and not so great to eat. Instead of throwing it away, I decided to make some homemade croutons for our salads. I waited around a long time, procrastinating because I thought it would be a lot of work. But it wasn't! It was quite easy, they are very tasty, and I feel very good that I didn't throw away that loaf of bread I worked so hard to make!

I cut up our bread into slices, and then cut little 1/2 inch square cubes out of the slices.


I put all the cubes in a bowl and then added the oil. I tossed to coat them.


Then I also added some onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and parmesan cheese to taste.


I baked them at 350 for around 30 minutes (I used my convection setting to get them nice and crispy). Stirring them often so they baked evenly.



And then I enjoyed my fresh croutons on my salad! Yum. Hadley ate a ton as well....without the salad. I hope you try to make croutons and enjoy them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment