Sunday, July 12, 2009

Harvest

Now, try not to be overwhelmed by my crop!
The corn isn't done and neither are the tomatoes, but I've harvested a little of everything else.
First, I picked a total of 9 green beans. I was super excited about eating them, but then I forgot that they were on the stove and I burnt them to a crisp...so there goes that.

Then, I pulled up my carrots...and here's a pic of them.


In this picture, they look a little small, but overall not too bad....well scroll down!







Oh, my I can't wait to take a bite out of my quarter sized carrots!!! NOT!

So, those were a really bad couple of days as I was depressed about all my hard work, but then I finally got to eat something delicious out of my garden:

I am a bit of a bell pepper nut. I eat about 3 a week if not more. So, I decided to grow one. However, green ones are not good. I only like the orange/red/yellow varieties because they are sweeter. But, I ate this green one happily because I grew it myself!
Now, I've never eaten an eggplant before, and I don't think I ever will again, but it was very interesting!
If my corn and tomatoes don't produce anything good I will be super disappointed, but we have a while before we cross that bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment