Sunday, July 12, 2009

Macaroni Deals!

Bryan could eat a box of kraft macaroni for breakfast, lunch and dinner! So, we go through it pretty fast. About 8 months ago I found a great deal on them at Meijer. They were 33 cents a box, so I bought 30 or so boxes. We ran out about a month ago, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay full price. 75 cents a box is a rip off!
Then last sunday there was a buy 3 get 1 free coupon on the paper. After doing our dumpster diving we had 50 copies of the coupon insert with the macaroni coupon in it. I thought "yess....50 boxes of macaroni" Then Bryan informed me that I only needed like 12 of the coupons to get 50 boxes. 50 coupons actually gets me 200 boxes! Oops, I dont' need that many boxes. But I have lots of copies of that coupon if anyone wants it!
We wanted to use them in conjunction with a really awesome sale.....and boy did we ever. Kroger is currently offering $1 off your next order when you buy 4 boxes of kraft macaroni. So, you buy them and then you get a print out to use on your next purchase of anything in their store. We went to the store and cleared their shelf! It was so amazing. They were on sale for 53 cents a box, plus the coupon, plus the next order deal! After all was said and done we bought 44 boxes for 15 cents each!
And I think we may go to another store and clear their shelf as well! It's such an amazing feeling to know that we are paying so little for something we use so much of! Yeah for us and our Macaroni...oh and Hadley liked the boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment