Friday, May 15, 2009

Deals and updates!

We had a fun weekend at Jeremiah's wedding! (see previous post) While we were in Lafayette, I got to visit with my friend Amy from Frankfort and her baby, Ellie, and Hadley got to meet for the first time. We ate Don Pablo's and it was yummy!! Here they are riding around together!


Yesterday I went to Target to get some deals! And we did great! Here's the haul:

6 buddies bars $.99 each minus 6 $1.00 off coupons
5 bliss candy bars $.99 each minus 5 $1.00 off coupons
4 Pringles mini cans $.69 each minus 4 $.50 off coupons
2 1 lb bags of apples $1.69/lb minus 2 $1.00 off coupons
3 Axe body wash trial size $.99 each minus 3 $1.00 off coupons
8 Kraft salad dressings $1.59 each minus 8 $1.50 coupons and 4 $1 off 2 coupons (target Q)
Total before coupons was $49.42
total after coupons was $3.66
WOOHOO!!!


Today I wanted to go to garage sales, so I read the paper and planned my route. My fist stop was one that I stumbled upon. It was on 267 halfway between Avon and Plainfield. So, I went into this Community Garage sale and man did I hit the jackpot!!!!!! First, I finally found a wagon. I've been looking on craigslist for weeks. It's the wagon I always wanted and I got it for $20. Retails for about $100!!! (although this one is really old, it is in super condition)
Then, I came across a bike trailer for Hadley to ride in behind our bikes. I paid $15 and it is $280 at Dick's!!!! Then, I found a booster type seat for Hadley to sit at the dinner table with us. I'm not sure what it retails for, but I got it for $8! Then, lastly I found 2 bar stools to sit at our kitchen counter and got them both for $8! I'm so pumped at my finds. By then, we were out of time and went home for lunch, we didn't even get to any of the other places I had planned. While I was there looking around, there were SO MANY sales that I couldn't even get to them all. And they all had good stuff. By the time I got to some of them (around 10:30) all their stuff was sold! I'm definitely going back there next year!! All for about $50!


1 comment:

  1. You need to go shopping with Shiely. She's also a bargain diva.

    ReplyDelete